1. Customer Obligations
By submitting your order to Contactforlenses.com you confirm:
- You are over 16 years old and are not registered blind or partially sighted.
- You are in possession of a written prescription for your contact lenses, provided to you by a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician after an eye-sight test within the last 2 years.
- You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including a copy of the original prescription) when requested.
- These terms and conditions, as written here do not affect other rights that you may have by law.
- There will be no obligations on either side unless your purchase has been accepted by us.
- These Terms supersede all previous verbal or written statements and agreements relating to the goods and/or services. All information contained in our sales literature or correspondence is provided for guidance only and does not form part of this contract, unless we agree otherwise with you in writing.
- Any alteration or addition/modification to these terms will be valid only when we agree to them in writing.
- To maintain our high quality standard of service we may monitor and record telephone calls between consumers and customer service staff.
- Goods are sold on condition that they are not to be re-sold to another establishment.
- Goods are sold contingent to availability. If an item is not found in stock, you the customer will be so informed.
- Contactforlenses.com reserves the right to cancel any order for any reason and to refund any payments you have made to our establishment.
- By accepting these Terms you state that all information and details provided by you, including contact and payment details, are up-to-date and correct.
3. Description of Goods & Services
- We have tried to display and specify the goods in web site as accurately as possible, but because different monitors may display colours differently, we cannot guarantee that you are seeing the actual colour of the products. Also, while we will do our best to ensure there are no changes to the goods supplied, there might be minor variations to the descriptions and/or specifications.
- Pictures and photographs of the goods on the site are for illustrative purposes only, and may not exactly match the goods. All the information in our sales literature is provided for guidance and suggestion only and will not form part of this contract, unless otherwise stated in written form to you.
- We will rely upon the prescription provided by you to fulfil your order.
- If you are unsure of the relevant prescription to be applied, please consult a registered ophthalmologist before placing an order.
4. Price & Payment
- Prices displayed on our web site are correct at the time of display.
- Full payment of your order including delivery charges or insurance must be made prior to delivery and on acceptance of your order.
- We accept the following cards: All Visa & Mastercard (credit and debit cards), Maestro, JCB, Solo and Style.
- All payments shall be in Pound Sterling only.
Unless agreed otherwise in writing:
- Delivery of all goods will be made within 28 days subject to availability.
- Delivery of the goods will take place at the delivery address stated on the order form.
- Any dates specified by us for delivery of goods are intended to be an estimate. However, based on availability of frames, contact lenses etc., the delivery time may vary and such changes will be intimated to you.
- Prices displayed on our web site exclude delivery.
- It is the obligation of you, the customer to supply the correct delivery details when placing any order.
- If for any reason (not due to our fault) you do not accept delivery of any of the goods in accordance with this paragraph then we may charge you an additional fee to cover any reasonable additional direct costs incurred by us as a result (including additional insurance, delivery, storage or similar charges).
6. Order Cancellation
- Orders can be cancelled any time before the items are shipped. If the entire order is being cancelled, then a full refund (incl. postage) will be made. In cases where only some items within an order are being cancelled, you will be refunded the price of the cancelled items, less the postage cost for the order.
In case of partial cancellation of an order, the following postage charge policy will apply: If the order previously qualified for free shipping and after cancellation of any item(s), the order still qualifies for free shipping, then no postage charges will be applied. However, after cancellation of any item(s), if the order no longer qualifies for free shipping, then the applicable postage cost will be charged on the remainder of the order.
7. Returns & Exchanges
At ContactForLenses.com, we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee on all products purchased. Our objective is simple: to make sure every customer has a wonderful experience purchasing from us. If you are unhappy for ANY REASON you may return your purchase (or any items within your purchase), for a full refund on your original order (except postage, which is not refundable) or a one-time exchange at no cost.
- If you wish to return your purchase and avail a refund, you will need to notify us within 7 days of receipt.
- You will be responsible for the cost of packaging and returning your order.
- It is your responsibility to pack the items securely and return them in their original condition including all relevant cloths, bags, cases, toolkits, guarantee cards and any enclosed literature, together with your original receipt and original packing. Please Note: Any items that are not received in original, re-saleable condition will NOT be refunded.
- No refunds will be issued for items damaged in transit.
- No refunds will be issued for items lost in transit. To ensure safe delivery, you should ship your package using a trackable carrier (we recommend Recorded Delivery).
- Postage costs will not be refunded.
- In the event of exchange, any difference in price will be adjusted accordingly. Postage costs will be apply on shipping of the exchange item(s), even if your original order qualified for free shipping.
- What happens if we made an error?
In the rare instance that you received the incorrect product or your product is faulty, you will get a FULL refund OR exchange (at your preference). If you opt for an exchange, please note that no changes will be made to the original order. The new order will be dispatched based on the original prescription – not a new prescription.
- Refunds can take up to thirty (30) days to be posted to your credit card.
- Refunds will only be issued to the same credit card or account supplied for the initial payment of the order.
8. Transfer of Risk and Title in Goods
- Subject to Clause 8, title in the Goods shall pass to you when the Goods are delivered to the delivery address set out in your Order provided that Contactforlenses.com has received payment in full for the Goods.
- Subject to Clause 8, risk in the Goods shall pass to you when the Goods are delivered to the delivery address set out in your Order.
- In the event of cancellation, risk in the Goods remains with you until the Goods are received by Contactforlenses.com.
9. Limitation of our Liability to You
- Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit either party's liability for death or personal injury resulting from that party's negligence or for fraud or for any other liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- Subject to Clause 9(1) above, the total liability of Contactforlenses.com to you in respect of all claims arising out of or in connection with an Order, whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise, shall not exceed the total sums received by Contactforlenses.com for the Goods to which the Order relates.
- Subject to Clause 9(1) above, Contactforlenses.com shall not be liable to you for any loss of contracts, loss of income or revenue, loss of profits, loss of goodwill or loss of insurance cover.
- Subject to Clause 9(1) above, Contactforlenses.com shall not be liable to you for any consequential or indirect loss of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Agreement however caused and whether arising under contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise. This exclusion shall apply even if Contactforlenses.com has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- Subject to Clause 10(1) above, Contactforlenses.com shall not be liable to you where the loss or damage results from information provided by you that is inaccurate, false or misleading or that otherwise results from a breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to Clause 10(1) above, Contactforlenses.com accepts no liability in respect of any non-standard use of the Goods such as, by way of example only, in extreme sports.
10. Force Majeure
Contactforlenses.com shall not be liable for failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions owing to any act or event beyond its control including but not limited to natural disasters, Acts of God, riots, civil commotion, strikes, shortage of supplies, lock-outs, industrial action, war, disease or fire.
11. Your Personal Data
Contactforlenses.com will ensure that our employees, agents and subcontractors shall, at all times, comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to data received from you in relation to this contract and shall only process personal data received from you where necessary to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
- A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
- Two types of cookie may be used on this website: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Any notice or other communication to be given under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing; in the case of notices to Contactforlenses.com, by pre-paid post to La VilleMachon, Planet Connect B0954, Jersey, JE3 5BJ, United Kingdom or by fax to 0800 471 5234, and in the case of notices to you, by pre-paid post, fax or email to the address or other contact address set out in your Order. Any notice or document shall be deemed received, if posted, three working days after posting and, if sent by fax or email, at the time of transmission, provided no transmission failure notice is received.
14. Copyright and Trademarks
All logos, service names, and graphics used on the site are the trademarks of Contactforlenses.com and our subsidiaries. Our trademarks may not be used in connection with any third party products or services or in any manner that criticizes or brings Contactforlenses.com into disrepute. All other brands and names (including, but not limited to third party product names) are the property of their owners.
15. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Jersey, Channel Islands and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Jersey, Channel Islands.
16. Customs Duties, VAT & Other Taxes
Please note that you may be subject to import duties, taxes and VAT levies once a shipment reaches your country. We are not responsible and have no control over these charges. Any such charges are to be borne by you, i.e. the customer.